Los Altos Stage Company announces open auditions for Elf, The Musical.
Book by Thomas Meehan, Bob Martin
Music by Matthew Sklar
Lyrics by Chad Beguelin
Based on the New Line Cinema Film by David Berenbaum
Director & Co-Choreographer: Sara Dean
Co-Choreographer: Lysander Abadia
Musical Director: Catherine Snider
Stage Manager: Carla McCreight
When: Sunday, July 23 from 6-10 pm & Monday, July 24 from 6-10 pm
Video submissions welcomed by July 23. Email video link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Callbacks held on Wednesday, July 26 from 6:30-10:30 pm, by invitation only
Please SIGN UP for a 1-hour audition time HERE.
Please prepare: 1-2 min song selection, around 32-48 bars of music. Standard Broadway or holiday songs welcomed. No recordings please. Accompanist provided. All will be asked to learn a short movement combo, so wear comfortable clothes to move in. Bring headshot and resume.
Audition Location: Grant Park Recreation Center, 1575 Holt Ave, Los Altos
All performers receive a $500 meal reimbursement.
Rehearsal Dates & Times: Oct. 15-Nov. 29, 2023. Sundays 1-9 pm, and Mon-Thurs 7-10:30 pm, until tech and performance weeks, during which we will rehearse evenings from 6-10pm. N.B.: No rehearsal will be held on Nov. 23 or 24 for Thanksgiving.
Performance Dates & Times: Nov. 30- Dec. 23, 2023. Wednesdays through Saturdays at 8:00 pm, Sundays at 3:00 pm. N.B.: Dec. 23 will have both a matinee and an evening performance.
Any questions regarding auditions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Description: Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Faced with the harsh realities that his father is on the naughty list and his half-brother doesn’t even believe in Santa, Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas. This modern-day holiday classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner elf. After all, the best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
LASC does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or genetics. LASC is committed to diversity in all its casting. Actors are encouraged to audition for any role they are interested in, regardless of how it was portrayed in the movie.
- Buddy: Born a human but raised at the North Pole as a Christmas Elf, Buddy is eager to find his place in the world. He has a child-like wonderment that makes him both endearing and gets him into trouble. Gender: Male. Age: 25 to 35. Vocal range top: C5. Vocal range bottom: Ab2.
- Jovie: She works at Macy’s and has a bit of a cynical outlook on life and love. She is caught off guard by Buddy’s genuinely big heart. Gender: Female. Age: 25 to 35. Vocal range top: D5. Vocal range bottom: G3.
- Walter: Buddy’s workaholic father. He is a Children’s book writer, but lacks any of the childlike spirit that Buddy has. He is rigid, tense, and generally angry with life. Gender: Male. Age: 45 to 60. Vocal range top: G4. Vocal range bottom: A2. Minimal dance.
- Emily: A New Yorker, no-nonsense yet kind hearted. She is willing to take Buddy in, however she is wary at first. Trying to juggle the fleeting years of her son’s youth, balanced with a self-centered partner. Gender: Female. Age: 40 to 55. Vocal range top: Eb5. Vocal range bottom: F3.
- Michael: Buddy’s stepbrother who is excited to have a new friend and brother. Unlike his mother, he doesn’t take much convincing to have Christmas spirit, but like his mother, he wishes his father would spend more time with the family. Gender: Male. Age: 12 to 16. Vocal range top: G5. Vocal range bottom: F3.
- Deb: Walter’s secretary. Takes an instant liking to Buddy simply for the novelty of it. Though she aims to please and is a bit of a suck-up, she feels under appreciated. Gender: Female. Age: adult. Vocal range top: Eb5. Vocal range bottom: D4.
- Manager: Christmas store manager at Macy’s. He is a good, friendly guy just trying to do his job and get by. Gender: Male. Age: adult. Vocal range top: F#4. Vocal range bottom: B2.
- Greenway: Walter’s boss. He is what Walter will become if he continues down the path he is on. A tyrannical, workaholic who cares nothing about the people around him or who work for him. Gender: Male. Age: 50+ (possible double as Santa). Minimal dance.
- Santa: A natural storyteller. Loves his job and Christmas, but also likes to kick-back and watch the game when a rare opportunity arises. Gender: Male. Age: ageless.
Vocal range top: E4 Vocal range bottom: A2 (possible double as Greenway). Minimal dance.
- Ensemble: if you enjoy playing a variety of roles, and have an abundance of holiday cheer, we’d love to see you. Seeking eight (8) people to play a variety of featured roles. All must sing and dance. Tap skills a plus.
Mail: PO Box 151, Los Altos, CA 94023
Theater: 97 Hillview Ave., Los Altos