Production Manager Position
Los Altos Stage Company is currently seeking a part-time Production Manager to help manage the planning and physical realization of our eight-play season.
PRODUCTION MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Executive Artistic Director, the Production Manger develops and manages LASC’s calendars and schedules, facilitates auditions, assists with production staffing, and generally keeps the theater’s productions and production personnel on task and on schedule.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and maintain all production calendars.
- Coordinate and manage production auditions and callbacks.
- Assist with the recruitment and staffing for production designers, and other production positions.
- Supervise production stage managers.
- Organize and attend production meetings.
- Facilitate communication within production teams and between theater staff and production team.
- Maintain systems for tracking staffing hours for productions.
- Organize and facilitate production postmortems.
- Support productions where needed.
- Support general theater operations as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for someone with the administrative skill to organize and manage complex projects and a deep commitment to theatre LASC’s mission. Flexibility, vision, energy, a collaborative approach, patience, and follow-thru are other important qualities for someone in this position.
Some useful specific skills and experience include:
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities.
Salary & Schedule:
This is intended to be a part-time, hourly employment position averaging 15-20 hours/week, with flexible hours depending on the needs for specific projects. The pay rate is $22 per hour.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume (including at least three professional references) via email to Executive Artistic Director Gary Landis at email@example.com. Please include your last name and Production Manager in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled with a April 2023 expectant start date.
LASC is committed to diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any employment decision based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. LASC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Mail: PO Box 151, Los Altos, CA 94023
Theater: 97 Hillview Ave., Los Altos